<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Dora Sillouettes Tutorial & Girly Glam Dora Party

Monday, May 2, 2011

Dora Sillouettes Tutorial & Girly Glam Dora Party

















Hooray this Dora Girly Glam party turned out so darling! I spent many hours creating the details for my daughter's 3rd party and it was so fun to see her having a blast!! This post is to show you how it all turned out and to share how I made these Dora sillouettes. I feel like they made the arrangement so modern and oh so chic!













I picked up a pack of these great Dora wall decals for $7.00 at Target and spray painted them purple. They come right on and off so they are super easy to work with! I placed them on some foam board covered with cute scrapbook paper and embellished the edge with the fluffy boa stuff. The back two are placed on a few poka dot $0.50 place mats I found on Easter clearance from Fry's grocery store. I tied together with matching ribbon. Super easy and cute!


















Smucker's Uncrustables fit right in with the purple and white! I found the perfect carrier at Goodwill for $1,99, sprayed it white and added ribbon and tulle.

You can read my 2 previous posts on how I made other details here and here.
































Fry's did a great job on the simple cupcakes! They were way yummy whipped topping ones :) And yes that's one of my Goodwill dessert stands in action!















Tissue poms are always a must!!

Yep those are purple Peeps on Easter clearance!!































Grandma Rita made this adorable tutu!


I made this cute outdoor area by decorating our toddler table and making very quick chair slipcovers, and table cloth by cutting up some old matching sheets. My daughter wouldn't wear her tutu so I had it on one of the chairs! This is where we sang happy birthday :)












Everyone had a fantastic time because of my decorations!! It had nothing to do with this.....



Ha, well maybe a little!




































Hope you enjoyed the party Miss Lily Jane..your mom sure loves you!




































xoxo












Lina























Linking to:
































































































Visit thecsiproject.com



Get Your Craft On Tuesday


Tip Junkie handmade projects



Photobucket














""/>


Beyond The Picket Fence


Transformation Thursday







HookingupwithHoH

Tablescape Thursday
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating







weekend wrap up at Tatertots and Jello

Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special















13 Comments:

At May 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Janelle said...

This is so precious! My daughter loves Dora too and we had a typical Dora party for her for her first birthday. I love that you glammed up Dora for yours. Visiting from Today's Creative Blog!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Very cute, Love all the light purple. You are a very clever mom!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Mommy Minded said...

What a PRECIOUS party!

Megan
mommyminded.blogspot.com

 
At May 5, 2011 at 3:30 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Absolutely precious! What a GREAT take on a Dora party, I love it!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Stephanie @ henry happened said...

That's such a great idea - I LOVE the backpack invitations. I bet she had the best time - happy birthday!

-Stephanie
henry  happened

 
At May 5, 2011 at 4:43 PM , Blogger CJ Foss said...

What a talented mommy! Love the tulle around the chairs, cupcakes, purple everything and most especially the happy and beautiful birthday girl all wrapped in a purple tutu. Thanks for sharing your terrific table and party. ~CJ

 
At May 6, 2011 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Fancy and Fun indeed.
Blessings.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I didn't know a Dora Party could be so pretty. Awesome Job!

 
At May 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Holly said...

What an adorable party - so feminine and precious!
That's part of the fun of being a mom.
Happy Pink Saturday!

 
At May 7, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Cute...I'm glad she had a special day! This post makes me crave grape bubblegum! :)

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

 
At May 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Now that is one LUCKY little girl. How precious!

I invite you to come visit my blog....I'm giving away something pretty! http://luluscottage.blogspot.com

Take Care,

Stephanie

 
At August 3, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Christina said...

A "dora" ble! Sorry I couldn't help it :) I love the invites. I think a good party always starts with a special invite, but I also love the subway art and the sillouettes.
Thanks for linking up- I love it all!
Christina
www.inspirationforcelebration.com

 
At September 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Christina said...

Just a note to let you know I loved your party so much I've featured it as one of my favorites this month.
You can see it here:
http://www.inspirationforcelebration.com/2011/09/its-celebration-link-party-september.html
Christina
www.inspirationforcelebration.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home