<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Applique Onesies & Baby Gifts

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Applique Onesies & Baby Gifts

I think there is a little baby boom going on! I love when family and friends have babies so I can make cute baby gits!! Yeah!

Here's what I've been working on!


Forget bows, now I am way addicted to cute applique onesies and shirts! These are so cute and using Wonder Under is so easy! I'm so glad I was brave enough to try this project! I just love handmade baby gifts that look like expensive boutique type goodies....I think my mommies will LOVE :)

All you need is a solid color onesie, Wonder Under, a cute shape or template, and a scrap piece of fabric big enough for your template.











































First I ironed on a piece of Wonder Under to my piece of fabric. Make sure to iron on the rough feeling side to the back of the fabric. Second, trace your shape on the scrap. Cut it out. Then peel of the paper backing. Lastly, iron on your applique onto the onesie. That's it! After the first one I promise it goes fast! Also check out this helpful You Tube tutorial from Made By Mazipan.












Technically you can stop here, but since these are gifts I hand stitched around the edges. When I make these for my kids I am not doing that step. Ha!
Yes I hand stitched because I was not blessed with great sewing skills! I made a pillow case dress last year and was so angry sewing that thing for 2 days straight! ha ha (Maybe I will get better at it.)

















The tie template I used is from a blog called Crap I've Made. The whale template I found at Free Applique, and added a button for his eye.

I think my little girl ones are super cute too! The princess crown was a cookie cutter I already had. I embellished with sequend buttons. The guitar template is from Trey & Lucy









I also found a matching tutu at Babys R Us for $5.00 on clearance! Plus here is a cute bib with a "cheater" applique. (Purchased at JoAnne's and ironed on). Shhhh I'm not that advanced yet!












Look at these western onesies and bib! I have a friend with the cutest cowboy nursery ever. These are for her and I love it. How cute would that boot be in pink?!



Here is one grouping I paired with some new suede shoes (BRU clearance $2.72!) and matching Baby Legs!





















Speaking of Baby Legs, Here are some cute new fire fighter ones I picked up at Kid to Kid (resale store) with some store credit I had left over from my kids old clothes! This little one has a fire fighter daddy! I also scored this NEW onesie there for $2.00 and made a "cheater" bib to match :)











Thanks for stopping by!









































xoxo








Lina

Linking To:
































































make it wear it

































The Shabby Nest


















Beneath the Rowan Tree


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating























Tip Junkie handmade projects








Photobucket

13 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Denise said...

These are adorable. I may have to make some for my sister-in-law's baby, that is if I get brave enough.

 
At June 10, 2011 at 5:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love these and the way you have grouped them for gifting!

Would you like to link it up to our Weekly Playdate at: http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/06/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html ?

Cheers,
Lori
Come & Play :: Playdate!
www.beneaththerowantree.com

 
At June 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

Those are some seriously adorable baby gifts! Looks like something you would find in Nordstrom. :-) Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

 
At June 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Wani said...

So adorable! I may have to make some for my daughter and nephew!

 
At June 10, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

These are just the cutest gifts I've seen in a long time! Wish I had the patience and talent like you!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Mel Creates Often said...

Thank you for the great idea! I've been wanting to use heatbond for things like this, but I hated thinking about using the sewing machine to make a stitch around. Your way is so easy! I gave you the Sunshine Award. If you'd like to accept, please go here: http://www.meldreamsoften.com/2011/06/sunshine-award.html

 
At June 12, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Sue said...

They all turned out DARLING! Maybe even I can manage to make some:)

 
At June 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM , Blogger LrSchwtz said...

Love all of the inspiration! Great job. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger CrafterBerly said...

The little ties are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

 
At June 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Six Sisters said...

So cute! I'm going to try the tie onesies today! We found your blog through the link party. We are your newest followers and would love for you to follow us back!

www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

 
At June 15, 2011 at 4:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!! I love your blog!! :) I am your newest follower! I will be keeping an eye on your blog to learn new things. If you would like to take a look at my blog (and maybe be my follower too) that would be wonderful! I'm new to the blogging world but can't wait to contribute to this newfound crafting community!

Cheers!

Sarah M.
www.diyordont.blogspot.com

 
At June 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Katie said...

These are all too cute. I make similar onesies and they make wonderful gifts! Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week. We hope you'll come back today and link up another craft project!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Chloe Anderson said...

wow all of these personalized baby gifts are cute! im sure that my niece will look good in them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home