<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Dr. Seuss All About Me & Cat & The Hat Snacks (Summer Fun)

Friday, July 29, 2011

Dr. Seuss All About Me & Cat & The Hat Snacks (Summer Fun)


This post started last week when I discovered my own “Book about Me” by Dr. Seuss, in our garage, all filled out from 1985. I was around my son’s age when I made mine and knew I definitely wanted to make one with my sweet boy.

Living in the extreme heat, it gets hard to entertain little ones indoors sometimes so this is the perfect summer activity. We had a blast filling his out and it kept him nice and busy one afternoon counting all our forks, mirrors, beds, and other funny stuff around the house! Plus it was great writing practice….He is so proud of it.

And boy you could tell mine was from the 80’s…I said I wanted something called a Charmkin and favorite books were Berenstain Bears! Ha


This hardcover book is well worth the $14.00 from any bookstore, but I did find some free online printables from a great blog The Art of Teaching.



I did these for little Sis so she didn’t get left out. Just click on the link to download. This would be a fantastic play date!!

And now for the best part…SNACKS!


I found these little Cat and the Hats via Pinterest from So Domesticated. They used them for cupcake toppers. All you need are Oreos, red gummy life savers, and white icing.



My kids loved making these! Savoring the last days of summer before my son starts kindergarten and daughter preschool next week…It’s so bittersweet isn’t it?
Thanks for stopping by!
Xoxo
Lina

Don't forget to Pin It

Linking to:
Summer Camp @ Design Dazzle
Friday Food @ Momtrends
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!






Tip Junkie handmade projects
Visit thecsiproject.com
obSEUSSedLinkCollection








10 Comments:

At July 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Sugar Swings said...

i had that book too when i was little in the 70s! awesome idea to re-create! love the dr suess snacks too!

 
At July 29, 2011 at 6:46 PM , Blogger BluBabesCreate said...

These are perfect! Thanks for sharing!

 
At July 29, 2011 at 6:47 PM , Blogger BluBabesCreate said...

Come see my son's vintage room!

 
At July 29, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Nicole Feliciano said...

Adorable and super photos. Thanks so much for sharing on Friday Food at Momtrends. I love all this kitchen inspiration.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Erin said...

These are totally adorable! I'm pinning this so I can make it after school starts! Thanks!!!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Jessa Smith said...

Those snacks are too cute!!!

~Jessa
www.jessajill.blogspot.com

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Miss Young said...

These are adorable! Perfect for a classroom, I know I'll be using this someday!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Blogger So Domesticated said...

Thank you so much for mentioning the cupcake toppers! I had no idea they had been pinned on Pinterest... very cool! Aren't they a fun treat!?! Take care. ~Emily

 
At August 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

How awesome you have the book from your childhood and can pass your love of Dr. Seuss on to your child! Fun printable and hat treats as well (I re-pinned the hat on Pinterest this past week as well). I'd love for you to add this post to my Dr. Seuss Link Collection. http://www.obseussed.com/p/books.html. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Chelsey said...

I love that you and your son have the same book! (And this looks like an awesome book...)

I still have my Charmkins from back in the day so my kids have seen them and played with them. I wonder if Charmkins will make a come back like so many other things have...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home