<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: "The Help" Inspired Cocktails

Friday, August 12, 2011

"The Help" Inspired Cocktails









I'm sure most have you read the book "The Help", if not stop what your doing and read it NOW! It's so great and so was the movie. I've only read a hand full of novels since my babies were born and this was on of them.





I was lucky enough to attend a screening while at Blogher 2011 in San Diego last weekend. My friend Laurie from The Momccupation and I had a wonderful time. Here's us with our paper fans before the movie.



The casting in the movie was perfect! Emma Stone was an excellent "Skeeter". In fact all the actors did a wonderful job and did the book justice!





After the movie there was a little cocktail and dessert party. They featured yummy drinks inspired by the movie, along with some mini bite sized peach cobbler, and upsidown pinapple cake bites. I thought this would be the cutest theme for a card club or mom's group get together.




My favorite drink was the "Minny" pictured below....the vanilla syrup made it fantastic.




THE SKEETER
Sweet, strong, and a little spicy
1 oz. tequila
1 oz. triple sec
½ oz. cranberry
Finish w/ jalapeño orange foam
The HILLY
Sour & Chilled, with a sharp twang
1.5 oz. triple sec
½ oz. lemon juice
Fill with dry hard cider
THE CELIA
Sugary, sweet, a true Southern Treat
1 oz. bourbon
½ oz. peach liquor
½ oz. triple sec
½ oz lime juice
½ oz pomegranate juice
THE AIBILENE
Subtle, smooth, and strong
1.5 oz coffee liquor
½ oz. bourbon
¼ oz amaretto
1 oz cream
1 dash coco nib bitters
THE MINNY
Strong, with a kick
1.5 oz vodka
½ oz. triple sec
½ oz lemon juice
½ oz house made Tahitian vanilla syrup








I wish I would have taken more pictures...I guess I was too busy tasting all these lovelies :)












xo






Happy Weekend!






Lina






Linking To:






Photobucket
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

9 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 3:38 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

I am absolutely going to see that movie, I always say that, but this one I really mean it. Thank you for the review!

Carol

 
At August 12, 2011 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing the recipes ~

xo
Pat

 
At August 14, 2011 at 5:37 AM , Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

Looks like alot of fun!
Lina- YOU WON MY DRAWING FOR BUSINESS CARD HOLDER, but I can't find an email address in your profile or here on your blog to contact you :( Please email me at suzimoose{at}gmail.com or post to my blog and it will be directed to my inbox. http://whycuzican.blogspot.com

Congrats!
Smiles, Suzanne in IL

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Oh my goodness, I just loved this book. Our book club friends are going to the movie soon. Making sure to take a package of tissues!

Warmly, Michelle

 
At August 15, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oooh fun! I love that there are cocktails for the characters!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Enjoyed the book when it first came out. Haven't seen the movie yet.
Fun post! ~ Sarah

 
At August 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Read the book and can't wait to see the movie. And I haven't been to a movie theater is over 2 years! Thanks for the cocktail recipes.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Darby Hawley said...

My book just arrived in the mail yesterday! I can't wait to read it, and I'll make sure to read it before I see the movie ;-)

 
At August 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

What a fabulous idea for a party! I love all of the drinks you shared. I am so going to do this, maybe when it comes out on video. Thanks for linking it up to Inspiration Friday.

Heather

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home