<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Fancy Frugal Fall Wreath & Halloween Decor

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fancy Frugal Fall Wreath & Halloween Decor





Wanna come see my Halloween decor? I'm in love with black and cream, and this is my entry way for this month! The only drawback for decorating kinda early for this holiday is now my kids ask three times a day if it's time for candy yet?




Let's start with my ruffle wreath...kinda subtle for Halloween, which is what I was going for so I can change it later and maybe use it for winter.



















This is my third project with all this material from Goodwill I scored a couple months ago for just a few dollars.





Here's how I made the wreath. All I did was cut 3 inch wide strips of the fabric and hand sewed a ruffle down the left side. When you pull down the thread it make a ruffle. I ended up using three strips for each ruffle layer. I pinned my ruffles to the Styrofoam.







I made the rosette with wire ribbon by pulling on one side of the wire and making the ruffle. Then form the flower and sew it together. I pinned the flower on the wreath so I can take it off after Halloween.













Here's my cute little handmade witch boot.



I taped fabric to the front of the picture frame glass and printed out a witch boot from clip art online. I traced the boot with a sharpie and then painted the rest in with black paint. The last thing I did was hot glue the buttons...So simple and cute!






This wall vinyl was an awesome Goodwill find from 2 years ago. I think I paid 4$ and it came with all the rhinestones :) Perfect for Halloween!








I'm using my chalk plate I made in here for the month, and covered an orange pumpkin with black and cream fabric. It's fastened with a black hair tie.
Oh I snuck in my daughter's spider pumpkin she made at those Michael's Saturday events from last year :)












I printed a witch silhouette from online and put it in this floating glass frame we already had. Then I hot glued feathers from the craft store to the frame.






It's fun, simple, cheap, chic, handmade....LOVE :)





Thanks a bunch for stopping by!!!





xoxo





Lina
Love it?
Pin It
















Come party here!


Transformation Thursday



Seasonal Sundays@the Tablescapers
UndertheTableandDreaming


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special






Passionately Artistic






Visit thecsiproject.com
Photobucket

HOG

Whatever Wednesday @ Momma Hen's coop
What's up Wed @ Sew Woodsy


Photobucket




Passionately Artistic










Tip Junkie handmade projects

UndertheTableandDreaming






Design Dazzle







Confessions of a SAHM




vif187
































































































































36 Comments:

At September 24, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

I love how you made the wreath interchangeable. And the boot is so cute!

 
At September 25, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Saw this over at Flamingo Toes and I absolutely adore EVERYTHING!

 
At September 26, 2011 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Sooo pretty..love all these ideas ..:)) Found ya on hop and officially following ya with smiles..I'm Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ and will love for you to stop in sometime...Loving your blog and off to read more :))

 
At September 26, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Jessa said...

I love the wreath! I'm totally making one this weeks.

 
At September 26, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Janny said...

These are all so cute. I can't even pick a favorite and I love that they are all so easy to make- not to mention cheap. Thanks for sharing!

 
At September 27, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Those are some wonderful projects! Your house must look very fun and ready for Halloween.
Hugs, Cindy

 
At September 27, 2011 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

What great ideas! Love them all. Visiting from Terrific Under Ten party.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Soooooooooo cute! Thanks for sharing at Wow.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

That's really great inspiration for Fall. I have to get my house all fallified...is that even a word? Lol Thanks for sharing at my Fall into Fall party.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Twigs and Twirls said...

Love the boot print !!!! Everything looks great.

 
At September 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Very very cute and creative! Enjoyed your post.
Blessings,
Debbie

 
At September 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Very cool, really like the fabric covered pumpkin. You really put a lot of thought into all these crafts I'm impressed....LOVE, LOVE the wreath and thanks for sharing,
hugs
Mandy

 
At September 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger beckaboots said...

I love the wreath and especially love the witchy boot! So cute! I really need to get on my fall decorating! Great job :)

Bekah
If Work Permits

 
At September 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I am obsessed with all of your ideas! This all looks amazing!

P.S. I'm having a $50 cash giveaway on my blog this week. Come by when you have a chance! :)

 
At September 28, 2011 at 2:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome wreath !!! I have really enjoyed your interesting post :)


Nixon
Wedding Themes

 
At September 28, 2011 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! What a great little vignette!

 
At September 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Coley said...

Your mantel is gorgeous. I love the color combo and all the details/textures you have. Great job!

 
At September 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Geneva said...

So creative! I'm impressed that you made so many of the things yourself... Everything looks very nice! My favorite was the witches boot. ":o)

 
At September 29, 2011 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Colleen said...

So awesome! I love the black and cream too. I'm so into subtle holiday decor!

 
At September 29, 2011 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Maggie Massey said...

I adore your table!!! I'm really digging the black & cream Halloween theme this year, too...I think you did an amazing job! I'd LOVE for you to link up this (and all of your other Halloween projects) to my Everything Halloween party starting this Sunday!

http://midwesternsewinggirl.blogspot.com/2011/09/everything-halloween-preview.html

Thanks so much!
Have a great Thursday!

 
At September 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Lina,
I posted at the French Country Cottage linky party right before you and it looks as if we planned it...I showed a witch's stocking and you showed her boot! I just love your "creepy" Halloween decor.
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

 
At September 30, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Mandy said...

This is awesome! That wreath, well EVERYTHING is sooo cute! I'd love it if you linked this up to my party.
www.projectqueen.org
I'm a new follower.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

It's all super cute! Love the chandelier.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Blogger lesley said...

really cute stuff! Thanks for sharing!

I'm a new follower!

lesley

www.freakingcraft.blogspot.com

 
At October 1, 2011 at 4:39 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

Love the wreath! It's a nice creative twist on what I'm used to seeing. Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 1, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

In LOVE with your wreath! It all looks great together :)

 
At October 1, 2011 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Everything looks really good...love those cute shoes!!! I have a NIFTY THRIFTY party and would love for you to share all your goodies!!

Blessings,
Linda

 
At October 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

So fun. Hope to see you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

 
At October 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Kim Rosema said...

Lovely! If Halloween can be lovely :)

 
At October 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Tardevil said...

Cute decs! Like the wreath a lot, but I think the framed witch's boot is my fave!

 
At October 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Debra@CommonGround said...

This is so cute, and I love your wonderful wreath! Thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo

 
At October 7, 2011 at 5:05 AM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

You are featured on Fun Friday Finds today. I hope you can stop by.
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

 
At October 10, 2011 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Oh I'm loving it...all of it! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

 
At October 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Marie said...

I'm featuring you on my blog so come grab a button!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

 
At October 19, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Terrific fun crafts and easy to follow.

Dee

 
At October 20, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Love your Halloween decor, especially the wreath and witch boot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home