<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Halloween Pillowcase Dress

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Halloween Pillowcase Dress




There's nothing cuter than girls in pillowcase dresses...I love dressing my little one in them!



Over Labor Day we were able to spend some much needed time with my hubby's family in Indiana. I even got to squeeze in a fun sewing date with my sister in law Cory while the kids played! She is a big time fancy pants professional sewer with crazy talent and an etsy store called Sew Funky. Check out her cute bags!





Anyway, I asked her to show me how to make a pillow dress and she whipped one right up! I say she because I was more like an annoying helper looking over her shoulder..taking pics...Ha. I am trying to acquire some more advanced sewing skills!











Cory already had these pdf directions/pattern from Frog Legs and Ponytails, so we used it. Sorry this is not a tutorial. Maybe if I knew what I was doing more....here's some pictures along the way though.













My favorite part was the extra large ric rac at the bottom we used.

The arms were the trickiest part but there's a pattern for the cuts. Cory says don't look at her ironing board cover,,,Mine looks like too :)









It came out super cute!! This plus a cute Halloween bow will be fantastic for next month!


And because I'm Instagram makes me feel like a profesh....













Thanks Cory for the fun sewing session!









xoxo
Lina

Love it?
Pin It















Joining these great parties!!!


Passionately Artistic














Design Dazzle



Fall Nesting Party @ The Inspired Room

36th Avenue



Tip Junkie handmade projects





http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20Monday
Making


Photobucket"









vif187


Photobucket






























































































































































































































20 Comments:

At September 18, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Michele Smith said...

This is tooo cute! Your daughter is an adorable "model" too!
My little girl has a few pillowcase dresses too but I bought them off etsy.

 
At September 19, 2011 at 5:05 AM , Blogger Jennifer @Miss Maggie's Place said...

This is adorable. Wish my girl could still wear these cute little dresses but she's 10 now.
jennifer

 
At September 20, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

this is unbelievably adorable! love the fabric you picked out and the ricrack peaking out is so cute. Great job!! what a cutie model too ;)

i would love for you to stop by my diy fashion party this thursday to link up! it's called diy diva thursdays and is a place to link up all things fashion :) hope youll come by!

kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

 
At September 20, 2011 at 5:11 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

That is so adorable. I'm so glad you linked up to my Sizzle into Summer party with this sweet dress.

 
At September 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Just absolutely adorable. Love the colors.

Barb

 
At September 21, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Adorable! Thanks for the tutorial!

 
At September 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this, come and share it with WorkShop Wednesday. I would like to feature it next week in my fall features!

 
At September 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

Sew CUTE! I just shared it on my FB page... thank you for visiting my party!

...♥

I like your "pin it" button ;)

 
At September 22, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Blogger annies home said...

so super cute this little lady is going to have a ball in october in such a charming dress

 
At September 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Love this! I'd like to feature it next week on Thrifty Thursday! Thanks for linking!

 
At September 23, 2011 at 1:38 PM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

So beyond darling! I need to learn how to make these for my daughter...or just buy them from your talented sister-in-law! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

 
At September 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Blogger juliemadtx said...

Cute dress! I love Hobby Lobby fabric, and recognize it when I see it. I bought the same orange polka dots for my daughter's October outfit. Love it!

 
At September 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I've been wanting to make a Fall/Halloween pillowcase dress for my daughters - this one is adorable!!!

I found you over at the TT&J Weekend Wrap-Up :)

 
At September 24, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

So, so adorable! Wishing I could talk my 11 year old into wearing one. ;) You are so talented and your little girl looks so precious in it! Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Friday.

Heather

 
At September 24, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Tiff said...

That dress is so awesome! I really really want to give one a try.... I wonder if my 12 yo will wear one! I adore those colours you chose, perfect for Halloween! I am inspired! Thanks! X

 
At September 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Kylean said...

I love the fabric! What a super cute idea! I want to make one for my daughter now!
Ky
http://burstofcreations.blogspot.com/

 
At September 25, 2011 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Love! I'd love for you to link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Link Party!
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

 
At September 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Party supplies said...

Hello, A very insightful post. Thanks for the info. Its great that if our default settings are giving us messy or stringy builds, this dialog can probably help.Thanks for the information..

Fancy dress

 
At October 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

That is gorgeous and I really love the fabric you used for the trim. I am a new follower from For the Kids Friday. Vicky from www.messforless.net

 
At October 8, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

that is beautiful!! I love love love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home