<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Vintage Graphic Candles

Saturday, October 1, 2011

DIY Vintage Graphic Candles



This was one of those fun projects I had the stuff for on hand and it worked out the first try! ...Plus they are so cute I will for sure be making some again for myself and gifts!
While researching candle ideas for my brother's wedding I came across these pretty burlap french script candles for $28.00 from an online site called The Inglebrook Decor.





I hoped with the help of the Graphics Fairy and my printer I could make something similar!


First I found an this post stamp image from The Graphics Fairy site and pasted it to Word three times for 3 candles. Then I cut this linen looking fabric I already had (bought a ton from Goodwill on $1 tag day Thursdays!). I'm a regular now:) So cut the fabric a teeny tiny bit smaller than the paper and use double sided tape to secure to paper. When I ran it through the printer it came out great! I don't know why I've been scared to print on fabric..IT WORKS!




Then I cut the strips and hot glued them to votive candles!



I am a dedicated couponer and always seem to have a stockpile of free or cheap Glade candles!




I duplicated the same process for two other bigger candles and used burlap strips behind the cotton. The crown and clock can also be found via Graphics Fairy.


These will look so great at my brother's vintage/rustic outdoor wedding this month!




Speaking of candles at the wedding....I also embellished this one with some thrift store lace and a trim from Hobby Lobby.




We will also have a lot of mason jars with wild flowers...This one has lace and a ribbon flower.




Look how cute their engagement photo looks in this vintage looking frame that was passed on from our Grammy :)








In an effort to save even more money each of the 18 tables will have a different arrangement of



vintage or rustic looking accessories, frames, vases, jars, and candles.



Many of these items will be borrowed from myself and other family members. We are all so excited to pitch in!! :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Love it?






Pin It













PS...Thanks for all the sweet comments and features lately. It's always so fun to check my email now :)

xoxo

Lina

Come party with me here:


Funky Junk Interiors

freckled laundry


The 36th Avenue









Photobucket

Tip Junkie handmade projects


Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy




Photobucket





Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy
Seasonal Sundays @The Tablescaper



UndertheTableandDreaming


Photobucket






































































































































































































21 Comments:

At October 1, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Denise said...

I love this project. It came out very nice. Thanks for sharing.

 
At October 1, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Angie@mybodymovement said...

I never knew you could print on fabric! And so simply! I will have to try that sometime! Your candles turned out beautifully, as did the other wedding decor items! ~Angie

 
At October 1, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger April said...

Aww these are so pretty...you made a simple candle look beautiful! I hope you will link up with me here:
http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/09/sweet-saturday-v7.html

 
At October 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger beckaboots said...

These are all so fancy and delicate looking. Very shabby chic and pretty. Great job :)

Bekah
If Work Permits

 
At October 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! I too have been afraid to print on fabric, but apparently I just need to suck it up! LOL, it looks like it will be an amazing wedding, and I hope you post lots of pics for us!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I keep chickening out when it comes to printing on fabric but these are so inspiring. I saw some little candle jars @ Dollar Tree that I want to decorate and this idea is perfect.

 
At October 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have my sons vintage theme wedding coming up next year and I love the burlap candles! We are using mirror trays in the center of the tables, so I have a year to hunt for more goodies!

Carol

 
At October 3, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Wow! Those are so cool. I love the vintage look!! They will awesome at the wedding! Thanks for sharing:)

 
At October 4, 2011 at 4:35 AM , Blogger Sue said...

You've joined the ranks of the many who are printing on fabric, but yours truly are some of the prettiest I've seen! Love the burlap layered look. Your brother's wedding reception tables will look just lovely with all of this decor. Fabulously frugal! Visiting from the Charm Bracelet's GW party. ~ Sue

 
At October 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Elena @ La Petite Vie said...

I LOVE these! So vintage chic, I need to have one! I will have to check out graphics fairy for some prints. Thanks for sharing your fabulous idea, I think the candles are perfect!

 
At October 5, 2011 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Wow, love them all. So great to know there are ways to decorate candles with dressy and rustic looks witout breaking the bank! GREAT!

 
At October 5, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Okio B Designs said...

Your candles are beautiful! I love that crown one best!

Jeanine

 
At October 5, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Blogger ~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your ideas...and I love candles! I need to dress some of mine up! I'm having a giveaway...hope you'll stop by soon! ♥

 
At October 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Brave Brooke said...

These are so adorable! I love the muted colors and the soft contrasts!

 
At October 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Kaitlin Saenz said...

I sooo LOVE this! I would be so scared to print on fabric too, but now I've got to try it! They turned out so fabulous! THanks for linking this up!

Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Doreen said...

Hi - hopped over from 36th Avenue link party. Your altered candles are beautiful. I love the look of the natural elements you used. I also alter candles and candle holders. When you have a chance, would love for you to come visit at http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Super fun project-- love the vintage look and I'm always looking for a fresh take on candles. :)
Heidi @ Show some Decor

 
At October 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Marie said...

I love all those ideas! Wish I had them for my wedding! Beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

 
At October 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Kaitlin Saenz said...

Hi there!

You've been featured on my Blog party today! Check it out at http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/10/recreate-into-something-new-9.html

Thanks for the great inspiration!
Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife

 
At October 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

This is totally awesome! I just love it! I would love if you would come link this up at the Thursday Crazy Cute link party today!

www.betweenuandme.com

 
At November 3, 2011 at 8:46 AM , Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

Very cute idea for your candles. I adore GraphicFairy's graphics for sure...they look totally chic on your candles!

Thanks for sharing :D

Visiting from Crazy Cute Thur Linky Party today,
Suzanne in NW Illinois

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home