<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Ruffle Watermelon Shirt

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ruffle Watermelon Shirt


So our watermelon nails inspired a cute ruffle shirt handmade with love for my baby girl :)

I bought a $3 Old Navy top and had everything else already...love when that happens! I  ironed on this red fabric with Wonder Under and then made a ruffle with a couple long pieces of fabric. I folded the fabric horizontal and then on the open ended side stitched all the way down. After you have a long enough ruffle, close off the stitch.
 After that I sewed down my ruffle and then sewed green ric rac on top. Last came a few buttons..So easy. I know this can all be done with the machine, but I kinda like sitting down on the couch and relaxing doing this kinda thing :)
She loves her cute shirt!




I'm Joining:
For the Kids Friday

Fancy that Fridays @ Truly Lovely



Tip Junkie handmade projects



The 36th AVENUE

”Little
Inspiration” style=”border:none;” />

7 Comments:

At June 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Ladybird Ln said...

Ok, so this is kinda the cutest shirt I have ever seen. I love Watermelon, I am hoping I can whip a couple of these up before the 4th! Or maybe next year... SO CUTE! I found you at Truly Lovely, I also have a blog party going on right now if you would like to join. I am excited to be your 703 follower!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

 
At June 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

So sweet!!
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original Round Up party is open!

 
At June 30, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Lauryn Ashli said...

this shirt is so cute! i need a little girl. i'd love for you to come link this post or anything else you want up to my weekend link party http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/06/spread-love-link-party-14.html have a great weekend!
{love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

 
At July 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

So adorable! Would be great as favors at a summer pool party, too!

 
At July 7, 2012 at 3:34 AM , Blogger Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

I adore this!!! So happy to have found you - great job on the shirt. I love it!

 
At July 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Carole said...

Cutest thing I have seen for weeks!
I found this via the Create & Inspire party. I have linked in a pork and apple curry.
Have a great week.

 
At July 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Blissful & Domestic said...

I just wanted to let you know that I featured you today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and Check it out!

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic

www.blissfulanddomestic.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home