<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Fabric Scrap Tutu (Back to school Fall outfit)

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DIY Fabric Scrap Tutu (Back to school Fall outfit)

My daughter finally started at her new preschool after our move. It took me a few weeks to research and decide on a school, and boy was she bored at home with me while brother has been at school!
So this week her big day finally came.
I decided to make her a special outfit with these fall-ish fabrics from Joann's. Isn't the one with the apples cute?

Remember when I made 10 rainbow colored tulle tutus for her rainbow themed birthday?
I used the same method but just used fabric instead of tulle. It's very very easy. Just cut a piece of one inch elastic big enough for your child and sew the ends together. Then cut up your fabric strips to desired length and width. Mine were about 2 or 3 inches wide. Tie your strips with a loop to the elastic.
I think these tutus look so cute over shorts or leggings! :)


 I made a couple fabric flowers with the extra scraps and pinned one to the skirt, and used one in her hair.

 I took a plain tank top and hand sewed a simple ruffle down the front.
The ruffle is super easy to sew..Just take a strip of fabric and sew down the middle and pull your fabric down to make the ruffle.


Here's her official back to school 2012 pic!


I have to point out the New Gap Mary Jane's I found at Goodwill last year, $4.00!!..Yay..whoot whoot!

Joining:
SNAP!
shabby creek cottage
The 36th AVENUE



A++
Create & Inspire Linky Party



2 Comments:

At September 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG who is the cutest little girl at school!!! She is so cute and her skirt and shirt are adorable!!!

Carol

 
At September 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

This is just ridiculously cute! Featuring tonight at Mom On Timeout! Thanks so much for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home