<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: 2 Cakewalk Cakes: Two Bundt Cake Pumpkin & Spider Web Cake

Friday, October 19, 2012

2 Cakewalk Cakes: Two Bundt Cake Pumpkin & Spider Web Cake

Hi Friends!
My kids have their Fall Carnival tonight and I just took over two cakes for the cakewalk. Remember those??? I used to look forward to my own elementary Fall Festival as a kid each year...How fun and we all can't wait!

My two bundt cake pumpkin was inspired by this cake recipe from Stonewall Kitchen.
Pumpkin Shaped Vanilla Bundt Cake

The directions said two bundt cakes stacked with the flat sides together. However my bundt cake pan produced this shape. I have a feeling their picture was two oven safe bowl shapes stacked together. I might try that next time... Frosting a bundt cake without it looking kinda sloppy was like impossible! ha

I frosted my two bundt cakes (mine happen to be spice cake mixes) and then rolled out a little store bought Wilton pre made fondant.
I made a few leaves, and then used a pencil to shape the vines. Also my stem is stuck with toothpicks to hold it up into the cake.

Also I forgot to say I had to cut my cakes flatter at the bottom so there wasn't a huge gap.

 Making the fondant leaves and vines was beyond fun! That's the first time I tried it and I LOVED!

It was exactly like playing with Play-doh!

For the second cake I used a black decorating gel to make a giant spider web. 
Here are the steps for drawing a spider web.



 I placed a plastic spider from the craft store on top. Simple and cute!


I hope you are also enjoying this fun time of year! Have a beautiful weekend.

                                         A Mommy’s Blog Design Free Pinterest Social Media IconFacebookRSS FeedEmailTwitter


                                                                  Joining:
g

Create & Inspire Linky Party



For the Kids Friday

Polkadot Pretties



mop it up mondays



Blogfest
Chef In Training

Halloween Link Party @ Design Dazzle






The 36th AVENUE

fall link party

UndertheTableandDreaming

6 Comments:

At October 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Nicole @WonkyW said...

This looks Awesome - Great Job!

 
At October 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I am LOVING the pumpkin cake!

 
At October 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

LOVE it, you did great :)

 
At October 22, 2012 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

I found you through I Should be Mopping the Floor. I would love for you to come share this on my Farm Girl Blog Fest. Very creative, I love it ! Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-5.html

 
At October 25, 2012 at 4:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you by the pre-made fondant from? I don't remember ever seeing that anywhere...

 
At November 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I made a cake like this once a few years ago, but your looks way better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home