<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles for Soup (Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe)

Friday, October 12, 2012

How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles for Soup (Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe)

Wow it went from 100 degrees here to pretty overcast and chilly this week, I'm kinda enjoying it! 
This always puts me in the mood to make soup. Normally when I make chicken or turkey noodle soup I will use these noodles found in the frozen section.

But I haven't been able to find them since we moved. Two grocery store trips later it finally dawned on me to make my own. 
And guess what? It was so EASY and quick!!! And so much more economical.
I used this recipe roughly from Food.com. except I didn't dry them and cooked them in boiling broth for my soup.

Ingredients:
2 cups Flour
3 egg yolks
1 egg
2 teaspoons salt
1/4-1/2 cup water
Directions:
1. Mix salt, and flour. Make a well in the mix and put eggs in it. Mix with your hands
3. Add in about 1 teaspoon at a time of the water until you can knead a dough.
3. After you separate dough in fourths, use a dough roller to the thickness you desire.


4. Use a pizza cutter to cut noodles 


Now you'll have these beautiful noodles!!!
I decided to make turkey noodle soup.....YUM!

And these noodles tasted even better than the frozen store bought.
My fav ingredients to use in turkey noodle and chicken noodle soups are Knorr Homestyle stock concentrate and Herbs de Provence. There are many brands at the store, but typically it contains French herbs like thyme, savory, lavender, basil. rosemary, & sage.



Turkey/Chicken Noodle Soup:

by Lina Darnell

1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
6 cups chicken broth (I use Knorr concentrate)
2 cups chicken or turkey
salt & pepper to taste
Egg Noodles

I added my raw noodles to boiling broth first and when those were done added the rest of ingredients and slow cooked for an hour. 

It's a good thing I made this yesterday because today I have a cold and this tastes especially comforting! :)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
A Mommy’s Blog Design Free Pinterest Social Media IconFacebookRSS FeedEmailTwitter

Joining these wonderful parties:






Create & Inspire Linky Party

Weekend Warmth Party @ Western Warmth






Chef In Training

8 Comments:

At October 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Heather Hooker said...

I made chicken noodle soup from scratch last week, but I never even thought about making my own noodles!

I would love for you to link this to my Weekend Meal Planner Linky

 
At October 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

This looks delicious! I don't know why I've never made my own egg noodles. I'm going to try it the next time I make soup. Thanks for the recipe!

 
At October 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

My mother grew up making her own noodles for her chicken noodle soup, but recently, I've been using Reames instead. This sounds like such an easy recipe that I'm definitely going to try it... I've pinned it for future reference!

 
At October 14, 2012 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I've tried Fabio Viviani's homemade pasta (super easy) and I think this recipe sounds great too.

Have you tried making your own chicken stock? When I roast a chicken, I throw the carcass, carrots, celery, onion/garlic and water in the slow cooker and let it cook while we sleep.

 
At October 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Cat_H said...

I love your blog. I like this recipe, but (pls correct me if Im wrong) can't you use frozen pie crust (I have an aversion to flour) too? Does that make me lazy, crazy & frugal?? :)

 
At October 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

These sound so good, will have to try them soon. Thanks for the recipe. Visiting you from WOW.

 
At October 30, 2012 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Katherines Corner said...

Lina, perfect timing. I am hopping over from Cowgirl up and so happy to be following along too. We ( hubby and I were just saying we should make some noodles for soup! your looks delish xo

 
At October 30, 2012 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

This looks so good! I've never made my own noodles, but I think I'll give it a try.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home