<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Canvas Photos with Mod Podge

Friday, January 4, 2013

DIY Canvas Photos with Mod Podge


My dad is my hardest person to gift but actually he's the easiest if I think about personal meaningful gifts. His favorites are photo canvases,photo books, and calendars. Those are my usual go to gifts because he proudly them in his home and office.

This year I made my own 8x10 photo canvases from our DIY photo shoot we did a couple months ago.
Let me just say this was so so easy and I can't wait to try a bigger size now, Maybe I'll do a gallery wall.

All you'll need is:

Mod Podge & brush or sponge
Blank Canvas (I randomly got mine really cheap at Joanne's because the nice cashier told me I could price match Michael's from their online ad on my phone)
Paint for the sides ( I used some black acrylic)
A photo the same size as your canvas


 All you do is paint a layer of Mod Podge on the canvas and lay down your photo and smooth out bubbles, then do a layer on top. I did two layers on top letting them dry in between.
I usually sand the corners smooth with sandpaper when dry.
The last step is to paint the sides your choice of color. I decided to use black and used some brush marks on the front to add interest. 

I loved how they turned out so much! How simple and it's definitely more economical ;then ordering online.
Seriously if you haven't tried these do it!! 

My dad was very impressed and loved them too!!
He was in LA for Christmas and us in Fresno...what's in the middle? Bakersfield for lunch! :)Fun to see him and exchange gifts...
Thanks for visiting me and have a great weekend.
Joining:
Creat & Inspire @ Little Inspiration
mop it up mondays








The 36th AVENUE
 

Tip Junkie

7 Comments:

At January 5, 2013 at 10:42 AM , Blogger An Oasis in the Desert said...

This is such a cute and creative idea! I must try this! Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM , Blogger An Oasis in the Desert said...

Thanks for your nice comment about my organizing skills -- many years of practice is all I can say!

 
At January 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM , Blogger katieehill said...

very cute!!

 
At January 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! Can you tell me what kind of paint you used on the edges?

 
At January 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this! I've done quite a few of these and they make wonderful gifts. It's great your dad loved them so much.

I'm having a GOOGLE + Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Google +. If you don't have Google + it's ok, come link up your blog or favorite post.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/google-social-hop.html


I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week beginning in January. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

 
At January 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Great idea! I would love you to come join my Pin Me Linky Party that starts Friday morning at 8am CST. I allow up to 3 links each week!

 
At January 12, 2013 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, these are amazing! I definitely need to make a few!

~Jenn
www.theschiresfive.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home