<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: My Master Bedroom Needs a Makeover! Here it is now...

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Master Bedroom Needs a Makeover! Here it is now...


This past weekend we made a HUGE investment...in sleep!
It was actually pretty exciting picking out a new mattress. My husband and I have never bought a nice mattress together. We've been sleeping on a crappy ten year old one that was his way before we met.
The last time I bought a mattress for myself was in college while waiting tables.... (I brought one and five dollar bills to the nearest mattress store and begged for the cheapest one! lol)

This time we took a few hours to decide and test out and learn about the different options. There are so many and it can get overwhelming from memory foam, traditional spring, plush firm, plush soft, pillow top ect.
We were torn between the Beauty Rest Black series and Sealy Posturepedic. 

 We ultimately went with the Sealy diamond series and upgraded to a king from a queen. It also happened to come with a new frame (not pictured) I'm excited about! 

You know you're old when you're beyond excited for a new plush mattress! Whoohoo :)

These two had fun testing out all the options and adding their opinions :) 

So here's our room now.
We moved in 6 months ago and I never really decorated.
This is all my husband's man furniture :)

We've never had a nice fully decorated room so I'm determined to makeover this room except we blew the whole budget on a new bed and mattress!
We need all new bedding because we are changing to a king size bed...I'm thinking all white duvet and bedding?
This honey wood furniture is pretty solid and well made so we are keeping it and painting it. (Except for the bed, we bought a new upholstered frame.)
I'm thinking white and maybe light beige on the drawers? What do you think?
The room is this turquoise color.
(It's not my fav but we're happily renting so it stays.)
That's ok it makes it more of a challenge. right?

I do like the tall ceilings in this room, and the floors, and light.

We are thinking about taking out the top drawer of the tall dresser and putting the cable box and dvd player in there.

I do love this heavy gold mirror that was my grandparents.
That iron candle holder was a cool Goodwill score.
So here is my inspiration room I love.
Coral is going to be my new accent color since we are gonna rock the walls we have been given!! 




Hey look there's even a gold mirror in here...perhaps I should leave my mirror gold? Hmm


                                                  
                                                                             photo source                                                                          
I love love love this coral bed table...not sure the hubby will go for that but we'll see.

So in this room there's some awesome built in shelves I haven't styled yet. There's just random stuff now. But there's so much potential.





Here's the colors I want to use in here. And guess what? I have this cool brown and white contact paper  in this same wild pattern for the back of the bookshelves! Yay...you know how I love a pretty contact paper.
Imagine all my accessories in coral, white, and brown. 

Brown, White & Coral


Ok so that's what I know. Any comments or suggestions on my newest challenge...a room coral/turquoise room with a little budget?

                                                

3 Comments:

At January 17, 2013 at 4:01 AM , Blogger Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

I know what you mean about being excited. You would have thought I'd won a million dollars when we got new kitchen appliances a few years back. I like the turquoise. It could have been a lot worse. :) Can't wait to see it when you're finished!

 
At January 17, 2013 at 5:23 AM , Blogger  Kim said...

the inspiration room is so pretty.

fabric covered headboards seem to be more popular these days.

we need to do our bedroom...its horrible. Our previous owner painted the room ugly pink. at least that blue is pretty and you can work it.

 
At January 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM , Blogger hydrangeaplace said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. You have the greatest taste and mix colors really well. Keep us updated on the progress. How fun!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home